Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Quick Leftover Peppersteak


As a single mom you have to stretch the almighty dollar pretty far. There are usually only two of us in the house so we usually have leftovers in the fridge. You cannot find a roast beef in the store that will only feed two people! I hate to waste the extras by throwing them out so I love to re-use them in new quick meals in no time. My daughter loves it when I whip together this particular quick meal! I hope you enjoy it too!


1 lb. roast beef cut into strips
1 - 1 1/2 cups of leftover beef gravy
1 medium bell pepper, cut into strips, color doesn't matter
1/2 medium onion, sliced
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tbsp. butter
soy sauce, to taste
microwave instant rice, flavor of your choice

Sauté onions and peppers in melted butter until onions are semi-transparent but still firm.
Add garlic to pan and mix in.

Sauté all vegetables until heated.

Add beef to mixture.

Stir beef mixture to heat.

Add leftover gravy.

Add soy sauce to taste.

Taste mixture to ensure quality. Sorry it's blurry!

Heat entire mixture.

Serve over heated rice. I hope you enjoy this quick meal as much as we do!













No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon let me have it!