Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Jif Peanut Butter Blossoms


One of the cookies that my children request most are the Jif Peanut Butter Blossoms.
We always have Jif Peanut Butter in the house so it is easy to whip up a batch in no time. I love the cookies with the chocolate pieces on top but my daughter prefers them without. When I took Marketing in college I did a blind taste test of peanut butters and Jif won the test. We have been diehard Jif users ever since.


INGREDIENTS:
    • 1/2 cup Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
    • 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
    • 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
    • 1 large egg
    • 2 tablespoons milk, I use lactose-free and it works fine
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • Sugar
    • 48 foil-wrapped milk chocolate pieces, unwrapped
DIRECTIONS:

HEAT oven to 375°F.
CREAM together shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup sugar.

ADD egg, milk and vanilla.

BEAT well.

STIR together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture.  

BEAT on low speed until stiff dough forms.

SHAPE into 1-inch balls.

ROLL in sugar.

PLACE 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.

TOP each cookie immediately with an unwrapped chocolate piece, pressing down firmly so that cookie cracks around edge.

IF you wish to not add the chocolate press down on the cookie with a fork to spread it out.

REMOVE from cookie sheets to cool.

These goodies do not last long in my house! It is also hard to keep them away from my dog because he also loves his peanut butter!

Note: I am in no way being compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.

                                       

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    C'mon let me have it!