Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Support 101

nanawarhol 


I have had some complaints on the lack of posts about my mother.  I apologize for the missing posts, there is just too much to say.

This woman raised me and my brother alone half of every month until we were teenagers because my father was always at sea.  She attended school functions, cooked bake sale cupcakes, and helped make Girl Scout apple pies.  She worked part-time so that she was always there for us when we got home from school.  She knows exactly what to cook when we are sick.  When I was 20 I was seriously injured in an accident during a vacation in Florida, she dropped her life and flew down to stay with me for three months until I was able to return home.   She stood by me through a painful divorce and gave me well earned step-parenting advice my second marriage.

My children worship her and respect her advice.  They often will go to her instead of me, knowing she will always answer honestly and unbiased.
She has shown her devotion and loyalty to my father for over 40 years.  We are talking through good times AND bad.  Through sickness AND health.  Through retirement...lol.

I only hope that I can be as strong and devoted as she has shown me how to be.  Love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon let me have it!