Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Google Reader



This year I decided I needed to clean out my overrun of blogs that I follow in Google Reader. I had set my sights waaay to high. We are talking several hundred. I don't have time to read that many blogs daily! I can't possibly give the proper attention and be able to comment, etc. 

So I go into Google Reader, go into Manage Subscriptions and wean (delete) out the ones I no longer want to follow. Takes quite a while. A couple of days actually. But then the list is at a manageable amount that I can handle reading each day.  It doesn't take me an hour to read. I am blogging and commenting with ease!

Then, two days later, POOF! They are all back. What?!? This keeps happening over and over again. Every time I try and clean out my list.

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong? Is there a better way of doing it? I really feel like pulling my hair out!

9 comments:

  1. yeah it's so very frustrating so i just leave them all and just read the ones that interest me in all honestly. i have over 1000 on my list!! there's no way i can read them all so yeah- i skim the titles and the source and if i want more, i'll read, if not, i keep on going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I don't use Google reader so I am at a loss for ya. Sorry. I manage mine through Blogger and when I delete...they are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing I can think of...did you save it again after editing? Thanks for stopping by my blog & following. I'm now following back!
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining my Planet Weidknecht Weekend Hop! http://www.weidknecht.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a new GFC follower. I found you on a blog hop. I would love for you to follow me back. thanks
    http://www.chunkyandmonkeymd.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for visiting me and following - I am here to return the favor. Have a great weekend.

    tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have no idea how to trouble shoot your problem, but good luck anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. new follower, thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  9. all mine seem to have disappeared! starting all over:( following you back!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon let me have it!